photo ea8ce356-0b08-49b7-86a8-097fec8d74bb_zpssrpsdstx.jpg

Search Mirror Dance


Eleanor_Cowper

Visit Us on Facebook

Facebook Page
 

Bridge Interrupted

Bridge Interrupted
by Steve Cartwright

Photobucket


* * *


Steve Cartwright says: It's well known that an artist becomes more popular by dying, so I'm typing this with one hand while pummeling my head with a frozen mackerel with the other. I've done art for several magazines, newspapers, websites, commercial and governmental clients, books, and scribbling - but mostly drooling - on tavern napkins. I also create art pro bono for several animal rescue groups. I was awarded the 2004 James Award for my cover art for Champagne Shivers. I recently illustrated the Cimarron Review and Stories for Children covers. Take a gander ( or a goose ) at my online gallery.

Where do you get the ideas for your art?

Creativity is a mysterious element; I start with a kernal of an idea, I start sketching. When I'm happy with the sketch I paint it in Photoshop. It's like I'm observing the process and am often surprised by how it turns out.

What inspires you to create art?

I was born with it; I could never "not do art".

What do you think is the attraction of the fantasy genre?

It resonates with our subconscious; it allows us to safely flirt with our fears and soar to our personal stars.

What advice do you have for other fantasy artists?

Spelunk deep into your id and return to the surface with captives.

0 comments: